Vegetable Manchurian is one of my favorite dish. This Chinese dish has come a long way to the streets of India is one of the highly famous and most liked fast food in India.
I remember having it every now and then in my college canteen during my college days. Its basically vegetables mixed and then fried into balls which are later cooked in the sauce.
Preparation time- 30 mins
Cooking time - 30 mins
- Vegetables (2 carrot- grated, 5 florets of cauliflower- half boiled and mashed, 2 florets of Broccoli- half boiled and mashed, 1 Cabbage- small in size , grated )
- Green Chilies- 2
- Ginger-1 Tbsp, Minced
- Garlic- 1 Tbsp, Minced
- Salt as per taste
- Cooked rice- 1 Tbsp(Optional)
- Corn flour- 4 Tbsp
- All purpose flour- 5 Tbsp
- Soy sauce.
- Oil- for frying
Ingredients for sauce:
- Oil- 2 Tbsp
- Onion- 2 medium size, chopped
- Ginger and garlic- 2Tbsp, minced
- Bell pepper- 1, chopped into cubes
- Soy sauce
- Tomato Sauce
- Chilli sauce
- Salt as per taste
- Oyster Sauce
- Water- 200 ml
- Corn flour-2 TSP
- Pepper- 1 Tbsp, crushed
- Mix all the vegetable in a bowl, add salt, ginger garlic, chilly, corn flour and, soy sauce . Start adding all purpose flour to make a moist dough like consistency of the mixture.
- Prepare balls out of this mixture.
- Deep fry the balls in the oil, until golden brown in colour.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Add onions and saute until they are soft
- Add garlic and ginger saute until you can sense the aroma of ginger and garlic.
- Add the bell pepper and salt, fry until they are just tender
- Bring together all the sauces and add little water to prepare a fine solution of sauce
- Add this solution to the wok.
- Bring it to boil
- Prepare a solution by adding 2 Tbsp of corn flour in 120 ml of water.
- Add this to the wok. Just after adding this the gravy will thicken. You can adjust the consistency of gravy by adding little more water.
- Turn off the heat.
Your Vegetable Manchurian is ready to be served. serve it hot with Basmati rice.
Garnish this dish with freshly chopped Coriander leaves.
Thank you for reading my recipe. Happy cooking.