Majority of my friends like hard boiled egg. I love them too. When i was a kid i would hear this add on the TV saying "Sunday ho ya Monday roj khayein Andey" , Which meant eat eggs everyday. These are rich source of protein and one should take them in their diet on regular basis. This recipe is also suitable for people on diet because its really healthy. There are several ways people consume the boiled eggs. In many parts of the world eggs are served as soft boiled or in poached form while in many other parts they are usually served in hard boiled form .
I believe that the environment, ecology and weather has a major impact on the food culture of a region and it is quite interesting to note that when you walk 40 km from a place you will find that the food culture has already taken a bent as compared to the one from where you started and as you proceed to walk on, and with each 40 km of distance you will discover a new cuisine and a new food culture,"Diversity" Isn't that amazing!!!.
This is my own version of Egg salad, i hope you like it each time you prepare it :-).
Preparation- 15 minutes
Level of difficulty- Extremely easy
- Eggs- 2
- Cherry tomato
- Carrot-2, cut into julians
- Lettuce leaves- shredded
- Lemon juice
- Red Onions- Round thinly sliced
- Aam chur or Chat masala
- Freshly crushed pepper
- Olive oil
- Boil the eggs. For boiling eggs, place them in a boiling pan and cover them with water. Sprinkle salt on both the eggs(Salt addition helps in cooking egg and also helps in easy removal of its shell). After 8 minutes, turn off the heat. Let the eggs cool and then peel their shell off. Slice once.
- In a mixing bowl bring together Carrot, lettuce leaves and red onions. Sprinkle some chat masala, salt and lime. Toss a little. Drizzle some olive oil.
- Take a platter and place handful of veggies from the bowl onto the plate. Now place the Eggs and cherry tomatoes.
- Put some mayonnaise over the eggs.
- Sprinkle some freshly crushed pepper and salt over them.
Enjoy Egg salad :-)
Happy Cooking and serving :-)