With the summer Raita's mark a prominent place on my dining table . There are two specific reason for it. The first being that its so simple and easy to prepare yet its very tasty and nutritious. Secondly it greatly helps in cooling down the stomach after we have anything spicy.
Among st all several variety of raita mine favourite are two the Boondi raita and the Cucumber raita. However when i prepare the cucumber raita i love adding the tomato. I cut adding chilly powder or chilly flake in them, reason being i have 18 months old kid at my home otherwise am a great fan of chilly.
Roasted cumin are must in my raita's without them i feel that the raita is incomplete. With Biryani's and pulao the raita becomes a must complimentary dish.
I prefer the hung curd over the regular curd for preparing the raita. As once the cucumber is added to the curd it releases water which anyways thin out the curd .
This recipe will
Preparation time - 5 minutes
Level of difficulty- easy
- Cucumber -1, peeled and grated
- Tomato -1 large, chopped
- Yogurt or curd - 250 g
- Cumin seed -1 Tbsp
- Black salt- pinch of
- Salt as per taste
- Bring together the yogurt, grated cucumber and chopped tomato in a bowl. Whisk for a while until everything gets blended well.
- Heat a pan and roast the cumin seed until they release the aroma. Next with the help of mortar and pestle ground the roasted cumin seed.
- Sprinkle the roasted cumin seeds over the raita along with salt and black salt.
- Chill it in refrigerator for an hour before you serve.
Enjoy chilled raita with your meal. Happy cooking.
By- Sushmita Pandit