After long time i was craving for the baked chicken. Its kinda cold at my place and continuously drizzling since 3 days. I felt like having some crispy soft chicken at this time. So i baked a chicken by incorporating both deshi and videshi ingredients. The outcome was fantastic. My husband and son enjoyed it. I am sure you will enjoy this recipe as well.
The Whole baked Chicken recipe
Yields- 1 Whole baked chicken
Preparation time- 10 minutes
Cooking time- 70 minutes.
- Whole chicken with skin Intact- 1000 g mine was(1300 g)
- Butter- 50 g(at room temperature)
- Rosemary - 1 Tsp, chopped or any herbs of your choice
- Garam masala powder- 1 Tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1 Tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Lime - 1/2
- Ginger garlic minced/ paste- 1 tbsp
- Pepper cons crushed- 1 Tbsp
- Onion - 1, large thickly sliced
- Potato- 4, sliced to quarter
- Olive oil
- Cloves-2, Cardamom-2, Cinnamon stick -1
- Coriander leaves
- Clean the chicken. Pat dry with kitchen towel.
- Cut the potatoes into quarter and layer them on the baking tray. Also layer the sliced onion on the baking tray. Season with salt pepper and olive oil. Leave aside.
- For the seasoning of chicken. Bring together butter, rosemary, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, salt, garam masala and pepper. Insert your finger in between the skin and the meat of the chicken such that you create pockets beneath the skin. Place the seasoning beneath the skin with the help of spoon. Once placed , press it with the help of your fingers such that the seasoning beneath spreads upto thieghs and across the breast of the chicken.
- Inside the stomach, place the halved lime, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon,coriander leaves and salt.
- Tie the legs and then sprinkle the salt on the top of the chicken. Next apply the remaining seasoning on the top of the chicken, Make sure you rub the seasoning evenly throught the chicken.
- Preheat the oven at 230 degree C for 15 minutes at the convection mode.
- Now place the marinated chicken on the tray on top of the layer of potato and onion.
- bake for nearly 60 minutes to 70 minutes. Keep braising the chicken with the juices released by it from time to time while baking. After 45 minutes if you wish you may turn the chicken upside down for good results.
- After 70 minutes let the chicken sit for 10 minutes before you slice it.
Enjoy this chicken with the baked potatoes and some macaroni cheese. Happy cooking.