Its Halloween time. My cake isn't so scary but it suits well with the mood of Halloween. Yes i prepared the black forest cake for my son. It tastes same as what people get in CCD back home. Here's the recipe to this mouth watering , lovely cake.
- All purpose flour- 11/2Cup
- Cocoa powder- 1/2 cup
- Sugar- 1 cup
- Eggs- 2
- Vanilla essence- 1 Tsp
- Oil- 1/2 cup
- Salt- 1 Tsp
- Baking powder- 1 Tsp
- Baking soda- 1 Tsp
- Milk- 2 Tbsp
- Lime juice- 1 Tbsp
- Cream- 250 ml
- Powdered sugar
- Cherry juice (You may also use any juice of your juice.)
- Cherries (or you may also add pineapple or kiwi slices or strawberry)
- Preheat oven at 180 Degree C.
- Line the baking tin with parchment paper and grease the sides with butter.
- In a bowl mix together shifted flour, cocoa powder,baking soda and baking powder. Add salt and mix well.
- In another mixing bowl add the eggs and sugar , beat well for 5 minutes. Next add the oil and beat for next 3 minutes.
- Now slowly incorporate the flour mixture, adding little by little. Beat well until every thing gets incorporated very well.
- Next add 1 Tbsp of lime juice to this. beat well and then quickly transfer this mixture in the baking tray. Place the tray in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the knife tip comes out clean from the center of the cake.
- For the icing it is very important to keep everything cold. Place the whisk , mixing bowl and the cream in very low temperature inside the refrigerator for atleast 30 minutes before you start preparing the icing.
- For the icing place the cream in the cold mixing bowl, add the powdered sugar and then beat it with the help of a cold whisk or with the electric mixer until you see the fluffy cream. This must not take longer than 3 to 5 minutes.
Dressing the cake:
- Once the cake is baked, take it out and then let it cool on the wire rack until it gets cooled completely. Now carefully slice the cake into two with the help of knife. You may also remove the puffed part of the cake , which we can later use for decorating the cake.
- Place the top part of the cake upside down on the platter. Grease the top with the cherry juice or syrup. Now place the icing on the top, layer it well. Add the cherries and then place the next layer of cake. Repeat the process of moisturizing it with cherry juice. Then top it with the icing. spread the icing very well.
- Now place the remaining icing in a piping bag. Decorate in what ever way you wish. You can even place the cherries on the top of icing. You may place crumbled cake on the top too.
- Refrigerate this cake for two hours before you serve it.
Slice and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy cooking and Happy Halloween.
By - Sushmita Pandit.