This is quite an easy curry, something that can be prepared in no time. You just need some fresh vegetables like few florets of cauliflower, carrot and young french beans. Young peas also goes well in the curry , but addition of too many vegetables somewhat gets overloaded in the curry. Therefore, my suggestion is to keep it simple and plain.
This recipe serves -4
Preparation time- 5 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
level of difficulty- medium
- Cauliflower - cut into small florets(150 g)
- Carrot - 2, Medium in size,sliced into wedges
- French beans- 150 g, chopped 1 inch long
- Onion- 1 large, thinly sliced
- Ginger garlic paste- 1Tsp
- Tomato- 3 small size, freshly pureed
- Sugar- pinch
- Salt as per taste
- vegetable oil or Mustard oil(preferred)- 1 Tbsp
- Cumin seeds or paanch foren- 1 Tsp
- Green chilly- as per taste
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 Tsp
- Coriander powder- 1/2 Tsp
- Cumin powder- 1/4 Tsp
- Pepper crushed- 1 Tsp
- Cream or milk - 1 cup or 225 g
- Kasturi methi(Dried fenugreek)- a pinch
- Heat a kadai or pan at high heat.
- Add oil.
- Once the oil is nice and hot ,add cumin seeds and let it splatter. add chilies as well(optional).
- Turn the heat to medium, Add onions and fry until translucent.
- Now add the ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- Add all the vegetables , stir once and cover and let it be like that for a minute.
- Uncover and add salt as per taste. cover and cook. Stir occasionally so that the vegetables doesn't get burn. Cook like this until the vegetables are Al-dante i.e like 3/4th cooked.
- Now add the tomato puree and add all the spices. Cover and let this cook for another 5 minutes in low flame. Stir ocassionally.
- Once the tomato puree appears to be reduced and the oil is released add the cream and let it come to boil.
- once the cream comes to boil add the dried fenugreek leaves to add that extra flavor.
- Turn off the heat and let it sit for a minute.
Enjoy with chapati, naan, any flat bread,rice or with normal bread.
This is absolutely delicious curry .
Enjoy and happy cooking !!!! :-)
By - Sushmita pandit